Saturday, July 28, 2012

Sinful Colors Seaweed


Sinful Colors Seaweed

Seaweed is a light, murky olive-grey and is opaque in 2 coats. (Now that I look at it again, perhaps 3 coats may be best). I really like Seaweed, though it is one of those shades that people either love or hate. Anyways, the formula was a little thick and did get a little stringy, but it's not too bad to deal with. It dried surprisingly quick for a somewhat thick polish! Once it dried, it had a nice shine. 

Seaweed was part of the Adventure Island collection, which had dupes of OPI's Pirates of the Caribbean: Stranger Tides. Seaweed is a dupe of OPI Stranger Tides, Essie Da Bush, and Sally Hansen Creamy Olive. (These were the only ones I could think of off the top of my head.) Fortunately, I have Creamy Olive and was able to do a comparison between the two polishes, which you can see below.


Index and ring: Sinful Colors Seaweed. Middle: Sally Hansen Creamy Olive.

Both polishes are very similar to each other, though Creamy Olive is a little lighter. If you have one, then you don't need the other. If you don't have either, then I recommend getting Creamy Olive. The formula was wonderful, applied like butter, and dried to a smoother-looking finish, though it still takes 3 coats to become opaque and has a paddle-style brush (which many people don't like). Creamy Olive is also relatively easy to find (last I checked). 

No more posts until Friday (probably). My ochem class is (FINALLY) ending and I have an exam and lecture and lab finals coming soon. x__x

See you guys on the other side of the day!

- Michelle

3 comments:

  1. i love how murky it is! :D i think it'd look great with a dark colored stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice, soft and calming. I'll have to look out for this one!

    ReplyDelete