Friday, July 20, 2012

Julep Kate


Julep Kate

Kate is a stark white with very subtle shimmer and is opaque in 2 coats. Julep describes Kate as having a pearl finish, but it is actually more like a creme with a sprinkling of shimmer. I was really hoping that the shimmer would be more pronounced on the nail, and that Kate would resemble Nicole by OPI It's All About The Glam. Like all Julep polishes I own, this little one was also thick enough to be opaque and dried quickly. Unfortunately, it bubbled once it dried, though I'm not ruling out that my ceiling fan may have caused it. (It's in the high 90's right now.) The bottom line is that I'm quite disappointed with Kate. If you're looking for a nice, delicate white with shimmer in it, then Nicole by OPI It's All About The Glam is much more worth it. It's also more affordable and more easily accessible. (From what I know, Julep can only be bought from Julep.com and Sephora.com.)

I will be posting a comparison between Julep Kate and Nicole by OPI It's All About The Glam soon. Stay tuned! :)

Kate was included in the Julep Maven July 2012 box. You can sign up for Julep Maven using my referral link.

See you guys on the other side of the day!

- M

1 comment: