Hi everyone! I was recently nominated for the Versatile Blogger and Liebster Awards again by Caroline Jewel of Caroline's Nails! Thank you so much! :D Caroline Jewel is relatively new at blogging. She primarily swatches and reviews nail polish, but there are also beauty product reviews and makeup looks here and there. Check her blog out!
7 Facts for the Versatile Blogger Award:
1. I have been a huge fan of Animal Crossing ever since it came out for Game Cube. (Does anyone still remember that console? It was back in the early 2000's when it debuted.) I have Animal Crossing for Game Cube, Nintendo DS, and Wii! It steals my heart every time and I honestly don't know why! Maybe it's the appeal of creating your own world and leading your own life without having any responsibilities...
2. My nickname is Boss. (Yeah, I'm cool like that... Did I say this fact already???)
3. I found out about Korean and Japanese music in 5th grade and have been listening to it ever since. (I do listen to English music -and some Spanish music- if you're wondering.)
4. I'm going to start my second (and, hopefully, second to last year) year of college soon! (Throughout the summer, I really wanted to see my college friends, but now, I just want to stay at home with my parents. ;__; )
5. I have over 100 CDs of Korean and Japanese music.
6. I love manga and anime. I'm trying to get back into that world.
7. My favorite literary pieces are Las Ataduras (The Bonds That Tie) by Carmen Martín Gaite and San Manuel Bueno, el mártir (Saint Manuel Bueno, the martyr) by Miguel de Unamuno. Both are Spanish works. I think El Burlador de Sevilla by Tirso de Molina is really funny. (Love the servant's name, Catalinón. *giggles* )
11 Questions for the Liebster Award:
1. Why did you start your blog?
I started my blog because many of the big time bloggers don't really review drugstore polishes (Sally Hansen, for instance) while some swatches of brands like Love & Beauty are really hard to find or nonexistent. I wanted to provide a one-stop blog for both drugstore and salon (such as OPI) polishes. Once I get my hands on some indie polishes, I will swatch them as well! :D
2. Do you ever feel like you won't get more followers? Do you ever lose hope and think
that blogging was a bad idea? Why?
At times, I do. Many polish blogs are popping up nowadays. What makes my blog truly unique? I don't post everyday while other bloggers do. As such, they get followers more quickly than I do. However, I can't write posts for the sake of posting everyday. I just try to be honest with myself and remind myself that I'm doing this because I think it's fun.
3. What keeps you motivated to keep blogging?
Definitely trying to find a swatch of a polish, but end up finding absolutely nothing!
4. What is your favorite brand of polish?
For drugstore polishes, Sally Hansen. For "brand" name polishes, OPI. I am always impressed with the quality of their polishes.
5. What is your favorite nail art trend?
Right now, I'm really loving the block/stripe gradient trend!
6. How do you wear your nails most of the time? Long, short, medium? Plain color? Crazy art? Stamping? I want to know!
A lot of the time, my nails aren't polished at all. As for nail art, it really depends on my mood and if I'm willing to spend time doing it. I like short-medium length nails because I can do labs without them being cumbersome and they still protect the skin that is attached to my nails so it doesn't feel sore.
7. What is your favorite manicure that you've ever done? Post a picture or link!
Unfortunately, I don't have one. Whenever I paint my nails, I usually leave them plain. I really need to play with my nail art tools!
8. With nails, beauty, and blogging out of the way, what are your other hobbies or pastimes?
Recently, I've become addicted to Animal Crossing: Wild World for Nintendo DS again. ;___; (Why did this have to happen 2 weeks before college starts again?!) I also like sleeping, listening to K-pop and J-pop (Korean and Japanese music, respectively), and drawing. I really miss drawing!
9. What is your favorite song?
This is really tough, but it has to be 검은 행복 (Black Happiness) by T (also known as Yoon Mi Rae). T is a rapper and singer in South Korea, and is half African American and half Korean. However, she was born and raised in the U.S. This song is about how she was bullied because she was mixed, how people treated her mother, her guilt, and how music saved her. She, her husband (also a fellow rapper), and their really young son also got really racist backlash from some South Koreans. (Despite their advancement, South Korea is still pretty conservative.) I urge you to listen to 검은 행복 and follow along with the English subtitles.
10. Who is your favorite band/artist?
T. Hamasaki Ayumi and Kalafina are close runner-ups though!
11. What are your top 5 favorite blogs?
Scrangie, Vampy Varnish, Let Them Have Polish!, Burkatron (DIY projects, FOTD, and nail art!), and Dr. Frankenpolish (which is now pretty much defunct).
Aaaaand... Sorry for the lack of posts recently. As I've mentioned, I'm studying for the DAT (Dental Admission Test) that I have to take during my winter break and packing for college. All my nail polish is packed up and I don't want to mess with it.
See you guys on the other side of the day!