Saturday, July 28, 2012

Sinful Colors - Collection

First and foremost, I am aware of the situation with Sinful Colors and the pamphlets they distributed. Revlon has issued a public apology on their facebook page in regards to this issue. Because I did not believe that Revlon was at fault for this shameful act, I supported them and still do. On the other hand, I am still against Sinful Colors because I have not heard about any (public or private) apologies from them and/or the PR company they chose to create the pamphlet. If Sinful Colors does decide to act and reconciles with the two bloggers (and the nail blogging community), then I shall chance my stance accordingly. I am only posting swatches of my Sinful Colors collection and (soon-to-arrive) haul to keep my word with you guys. If you guys want to know more about this situation, then please google it. I will not posting up any links and/or pictures about it.

Second, these swatches will be very strange. I managed to get a big, ole papercut on my pinky and I did not want it to sting upon meeting with its foes, soap and nail polish remover. (I curse the sheet of paper that cut me!)

Third, I didn't have time to swatch Seaweed. I will be doing that tomorrow. It is not a part of Sinful Colors core collection so I don't regret not getting to it. It was released as part of the Adventure Island collection, which was well-known for having dupes of the OPI Pirates of the Caribbean: Stranger Tides polishes. The chances of finding it are slim. 




1 coat of Pearl Harbor over Migi Nail Art Pen Black

Pearl Harbor is a glitter that flashes green and blue and was so pretty! I thought there would be some flashes of purple, but they only appeared in the bottle (or is it just my eyes?). It is best for layering. It is shown with 1 coat over a black creme. The formula was great and it dried quickly with no grittiness at all.




1 coat of Opal Glitter over Migi Nail Art Pen Black

Opal Glitter is a multicolored iridescent glitter and is shown with 1 coat over a black creme. It is best for layering. It is very similar to Essence Space Queen, but I unfortunately can't compare because I used it all up for frankening. Opal Glitter's formula is great and it was easy to apply. The dry time was quick. Opal Glitter dried without any grittiness.


Timbleberry

First of all, this picture is color accurate even though Timbleberry is quite bright! *does a happy dance* Timbleberry is a somewhat bright coral creme that heavily leans pink and is opaque in 2 coats. The formula was terrific! It applied like butter! The dry time was fast and the finish was extremely shiny. I think I said this before, but it's on my favorites list!


Citrine

Citrine is a red-orange crelly that is opaque in 3 coats. My nail line was still visible after two coats, but was completely covered by the third coat. In reality, Citrine really does have red in it; it is not as orange as shown in the picture. The formula was, again, great to work with and applied well. The dry time was also fast and the resulting finish was very shiny.

Though Citrine was included in the Wow Pop display and is hard to find, you might be lucky tomorrow (which is the last day of the Walgreens Sinful Colors sale) and score it! (Just like I did!)




Aqua

Aqua is a blue shimmer that has flashes of green (that doesn't show very well in the pictures) and is opaque in 2 coats. Aqua reminded me of a shimmery mermaid tail, and I did not expect it to be so pretty! I thought it was just your run-of-the-mill blue shimmer... Because it was packed with shimmer, I thought I was going to have a hard time with brushstrokes showing, but they mostly disappeared as the polish dried. The formula was a little sheer, but the second coat covered it up perfectly. Aqua dried quickly and was shiny.

Notice anything different? I squovaled my nails! They are now sooo much easier to take care of (in my opinion) and I don't have to waste time making sure all my nails are rounded well.

See you guys on the other side of the day!

- Michelle

2 comments:

  1. Nice swatches! I bought a whole bunch of Sinful colors too during the sale at Walgreens... such little time!

    I love your squoval nails; they look great!

    ReplyDelete