Saturday, May 19, 2012

Orly Androgynie




Orly Androgynie

Androgynie is a black jelly loaded with silver, gold, and multicolored hexagonal glitter. It takes 3 coats to become opaque and dries quickly with a nice gloss, but feels a little gritty when touched. Formula was great and was easy to apply. Though I find it BEAUTIFUL in the bottle, Androgynie has three major problems: the hexagonal glitter is hard to get out and onto the nail, some of them are covered up as you apply multiple coats, and all the glitter tends to settle near the bottom of the polish bottle. You can solve this problem by placing Androgynie one day (for best results) upside-down; the glitters settle towards the top of the bottle and are easier to get out. A bonus is that you also get more of the hexagonal glitters than when you just vigorously shake the bottle and hope for the best. I used this trick for these swatches. Still, Androgynie really needs a suspension base, a thicker base, or something else to "stabilize" the glitter. The other problem is probably due to the base color; the black covers up all that pretty hexagonal glitter (but not the finer gold and silver glitter). I feel Androgynie would probably be best layered over a black creme base. I'm going to try that next time I wear Androgynie in hope of achieving its appearance in the bottle.

On another depressing note, it seems that I will be posting on Fridays and the weekends since my online class really does take the whole week to study for. :( Some summer! Hopefully, though, I'll be able to swatch a lot and take pictures to save time during the next school year.

I hope everyone has a good, well-rested weekend and awesome summer! (Well, it's summer right now for me at least...).

See you guys on the other side of the day!

- M

No comments:

Post a Comment