Thursday, December 31, 2015

Le Lacquer Hook Up Turns 4!: Revlon Plum Seduction + Essie Penny Talk

Self-purchased


Le Lacquer Hook Up turns 4 today! I can't believe how long this journey has been, and how long I've been doing this hobby! Though nowadays I've been destashing to achieve a more "normal"-sized collection, I'm still very much in love with nail polish: the array of colors, finishes, and endless possibilities that only exponentiate with nail decorations, stamping, and acrylic paints! Thank you for joining me on this journey. I hope to continue it as long as I enjoy it.

I've finally updated the blog's design to celebrate! I really like the minimalist/modern theme since it's the sharp, clean look I've been wanting.


Revlon Plum Seduction is a vibrant pinky plum crelly. It looks far pinker in the swatch since it's actually a bit of a deeper purple in real life. It's a very pretty berry shade, and was perfect for the holidays! 2 coats, but it was super close to being a one-coater. The formula was AMAZING. It was super easy to apply, very pigmented, and dried shiny. No top coat. I can say no more, except that I totally recommend this polish!

Essie Penny Talk (accent nail) is a rose gold chrome. 3 coats. Because it was a chrome, it was difficult to apply. I had to make sure not to go over areas more than once and to paint quickly because the paint would curl up and come off once it was partly dried. (Chromes dry fast!) Brush strokes also showed once it dried, though that could be remedied by sponging on the polish to blur the strokes. But the great thing with chromes is that they're wonderful as stamping polishes! I think I'll start using Penny Talk more for stamping, though I think it's still great for the occasional accent nail. With top coat.

Thanks for looking! Happy New Year!

Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment