Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Nayll Customized Polishes: Chihiro + Neko-chan

Self-purchased

Today, I have two polishes from Nayll that I customized! Nayll is a new indie brand that primarily focuses on customized polishes. You can choose to make shimmer or glitter polishes. With glitter polishes, you can choose a clear or colored-jelly base. If customized polishes aren't your style, then Nayll also offers pre-made polishes! I chose to customize two clear-based glitter polishes. I found that prices were reasonable and comparable to the average indie polish.




Chihiro has white, pale pink, springy green, and pale lemon dot glitter in a clear base. I was inspired by the star candies that Chihiro gave the susuwatari ("soot gremlins") in the animated film, Spirited Away. Unfortunately, there weren't star glitters that came in the colors I wanted so I settled for dot glitters. (Because they are just as awesome in my book!) I dabbed on 1 coat over Sephora by OPI Havana Dreams. The formula was not the greatest. There was a bit too much clear base for my liking and, when I dabbed the glitter on and moved it around, the polish became slightly thick and stringy. Dabbing also created a few bubbles. I wished there were more green and white dot glitter since they were pretty sparse. However, I am quite happy with how my creation came out! Next time, I'll use the sponging method to apply Chihiro. It dried slightly bumpy because of the larger green and white dot glitter so I used top coat to smooth it out.




Neko-chan has holographic red hearts and light blue and pale lemon dot glitter in a clear base. I was inspired by Hello Kitty, who is basically one of Japan's mascots. (Almost every city in Japan has its own Hello Kitty mascot, if I remember correctly.) In Japanese, "Neko" means "cat" while "-chan" is a term of endearment that's attached to the end of names. I dabbed 1 coat over Zoya Purity. The formula was very similar to Chihiro's, but it didn't bubble or become stringy. Again, I did have to dab on and move around the glitter. There was a lot of the lemon dot glitter... I wished there were more blue dot and red heart glitters. But especially the heart glitter since it was supposed to be the highlight of this polish. :( I had a lot of trouble fishing them out - putting the bottle upside down didn't help. I should have used a darker shade of yellow because I don't like the look of the pale lemon glitter in this mix. Neko-chan was a "my bad". :( Next time, I'll also use the sponging method to apply Neko-chan. It dried a bit bumpy because of the larger glitters so I used top coat to smooth it out.

Thanks for looking! See you on the other side of the day!

Michelle

1 comment:

  1. What fun glitters these both are! I really like Chihiro a lot.

    ReplyDelete