Saturday, July 19, 2014

Daiso Gradient Nails Duo in Cherry Pink and Lamé Pink

Self-purchased

I probably professed my love for Daiso on this blog before, but I'll say it again... I LOVE DAISO. I came across some gradient nail duos on one of my many trips, and I just had to try them out! (How can I say no to $1.50 duo packs with good-quality polishes?) I picked up 3 over the course of my trips, but today I'll only show the duo in Cherry Pink and Lamé Pink. The directions were on the packaging, which I no longer have, but I'm able to retrieve them from memory.

1. Paint the base color and let it dry.
2. Paint the glitter in a half-moon shape, covering the top 1/2 of the nail.
3. Paint the glitter in a half-moon shape again, but this time covering the top 1/3 of the nail.

I'm super excited to be able to try out a gradient nails set because they seem to be quite popular in Asia (i.e. the Etude House Juicy Cocktail Gradation Nail sets). Let's get cracking!







Cherry Pink (base color) is actually an extremely sheer peachy pink packed with gold shimmer. The base color pretty much disappeared on the nail, leaving a trail of the gold shimmer. It's very pretty and perfect for these gradient packs! I used 1 coat as per instructions. The formula was thin and runny; it kept wanting to pool at the cuticles. It dried shiny.

Lamé Pink (glitter) is a sheer cherry red with pretty holographic silver glitter. I was scared the red base would overpower the gradient, but, as you can see, it only gave a pinkish tint once on the nail. The formula was a little thick, but wasn't too bad. It was easy to control. It dried shiny and a bit gritty because of the glitter. With top coat.

Overall, I am really impressed! The gradient came out pretty well and the directions were easy to follow. (They were in Japanese, but pictures were also provided.) I can't wait to try my other 2 sets. :D

Thanks for looking! See you on the other side of the day!

Michelle

1 comment:

  1. What a pretty set and the gradient you got turned out lovely!

    ReplyDelete