Friday, June 22, 2012

Sally Hansen Blue Me Away! + Ulta Pinata-Yada-Yada


Sally Hansen Blue Me Away!

Blue Me Away! is a very pigmented, bright blue creme and is opaque in 2 coats, but could have easily been a 1 coater. It dried relatively quickly and very shiny. The formula was great, easy to work with, and applied like butter even though it has been in my collection for a couple of years already and is separating a little. The only issue with Blue Me Away!  is that it stains (because of how pigmented it is). You definitely need at least 2 coats of base coat!


Ulta Pinata-Yada-Yada

Pinata-Yada-Yada is full of multicolored hexagonal glitter in a clear base and dried smoothly. It is one of the many dupes of Deborah Lippmann Happy Birthday, which I unfortunately don't have to compare. Judging from ThePolishAholic's comparison, it seems like Pinata-Yada-Yada's glitter is much richer in color and of a different shape. I prefer the richness of Pinata-Yada-Yada, which, sadly, did not translate onto the nail. You see more of the silver glitters than the rich yellow, red, and magenta glitter. Like some glitter top coats, you have to dab Pinata-Yada-Yada to get a sufficient amount of glitter on your nails, and, as such, took a while to dry. I'm a bit disappointed with this pinata, but I got it when Ulta had a buy-2-get-2-free deal on their nail polish and I still have a Happy Birthday from Milani. (See what I did on both polishes? ...Okay, I'm sorry. Just trying to be witty. :( )

I will be studying for my exam, finals, and lab practicum this weekend and during next week. Which means... Only 5 (not including next week) more weeks of ochem!!! YEAH! Then I will be able to post consistently again! :D I miss painting my nails~

See you guys on the other side of the day!

- M

No comments:

Post a Comment