Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Sinful Colors Ruby Ruby, Color Club Platinum Record + Jelly Sandwich



Sinful Colors Ruby Ruby

Ruby Ruby is a red crelly (jelly-creme hybrid) that is opaque in 2 coats. True to the crelly finish, it applied BEAUTIFULLY and dried extremely shiny. Though the first coat showed the nail line (which jellies tend to do), the second coat completely covered it up just like a creme. Dry time was good as well. Unfortunately, my camera did not capture Ruby Ruby well. It is not as virbrant/orange in real life; it is a true, classic red. Ruby Ruby was so magnificent that it made me wonder what I really had against reds (...it's actually because I think of "sexy" when I think of red polishes and, thus, tend to stay away from them). Bottom line: I highly recommend this polish!

Note: I generally don't fair well with Sinful Colors. They're either hits or misses. Some other Sinful Colors polishes that I own have really bad formula. But this one is just awesome. I'm starstruck.


Color Club Platinum Record

Platinum Record consists of large, medium, and fine hexagonal glitter in a clear base. Here, it is shown with 1 coat over two coats of Sinful Colors Ruby Ruby, which is swatched above. I thought I was going to have a terrible time applying Platinum Record because of the reviews I've read. However, it was pretty easy to apply! It went on with minimal effort; no dabbing and placing of glitters necessary. (I can't wait to try the other glitters from the Color Club Backstage Pass Collection now!) Dry time was also good.

(Sorry for the blurry picture. My camera was running out of battery. :( )


Jelly Sandwich with Sinful Colors Ruby Ruby and Color Club Platinum Record

I decided to just go for it and try my first jelly sandwich! I was afraid that Ruby Ruby might be too opaque, but it was actually just right! I used 2 coats of Ruby Ruby for the base color, 1 coat of  Platinum Record, and then 1 coat of Ruby Ruby over Platinum Record. Not much else to say; just stare at it's beauty! Mmmhmm.

(This picture is more color accurate in showing Ruby Ruby, though I do think it's a teensy bit redder in real life.)

Have you guys ever tried a jelly sandwich before? How did it turn out?

See you guys on the other side of the day!

- M

No comments:

Post a Comment