Thursday, January 15, 2015

Essence A Lovely Secret + Doctor Lacquer Stubs & Movember

Self-purchased

Cold State

Transition State

Warm State


Essence A Lovely Secret (index and middle fingers) is a pretty periwinkle creme with red and purple shimmer. Except at certain angles, the shimmer gives off a speckled effect because of the way it immerses itself in the creme base. I really love the speckled effect, but it's a shame that it isn't a popular or well-known finish. I used 2 coats. The formula was pigmented and wonderful, as per Essence, but I had some trouble applying the polish because of the small handle and brush. It dried shiny, but I still used top coat.

Doctor Lacquer Stubs & Movember (ring and pinky fingers) is a thermal jelly with royal blue, teal, and silver holo glitters. The base is grey when warm, but black when cold. I'm really late at swatching this one because this was released around TWO Novembers ago! (So sorry!) I used 4 coats. The formula was nice and thin, but not runny or streaky. However, I found application a bit tricky because of the long brush wand, of which I'm not a fan. It dried satin so I used top coat.

Unfortunately, both A Lovely Secret and Stubs & Movember are long since discontinued. However, you can purchase other Doctor Lacquer thermals from her store.

Thanks for looking! See you on the other side of the day!

Michelle

1 comment: