Tuesday, January 20, 2015

ABC Challenge: C - Candy Lacquer Candy Dots + Essie Navigate Her

Self-purchased


Candy Lacquer Candy Dots has red, petal pink, magenta, pale gold, green and turquoise dots in a clear base. I used 1 coat over Essie Navigate Her. I found it best to dab on and then move around the glitter. However, I had no trouble getting out the glitter. I believe the gold dots stained the clear base (which did slightly change the color of Navigate Her) because they were a bit darker when I first got Candy Dots. I'm not certain why the clear base is stained though. It dried a little bumpy so I smoothed it out with top coat. 

Candy Dots was discontinued/made for a limited time, but you can purchase other Candy Lacquer polishes on its site.


Essie Navigate Her is a springy, light pistachio creme. I used 3 coats. The formula was thin and a little runny so I made sure to apply it carefully to avoid flooding and cleanup. It dried shiny so I didn't use top coat. It didn't level that well once it dried though.

Thanks for looking! See you on the other side of the day!

Michelle

2 comments:

  1. love these nails! i have that shade so should wear it more

    from helen at thelovecatsinc.com

    ps. check out my £60 skincare giveaway, if you like! click here.

    ReplyDelete