Friday, June 27, 2014

Mani Swap with The Nail Smith: Glitter and the Blues

Today, I have a mani swap with my friend, Millie, from The Nail Smith to show you guys! You guys may recognize her from her tumblr as she used it as her blogging platform before switching to her blogspot, which is now her main blog. We decided to do a mani swap for fun and as a way to welcome her to the world of Blogger!

Millie is often known for her detailed free-hand nail art. I decided to go for relatively simple nail art because I was afraid I wouldn't be able to do her intricate nail art justice. I chose her Glitter Placement manicure (also shown near the end of this post) because I knew I could certainly accomplish it and had the same or similar polishes. Looking at my pictures now, I actually still need to work on my glitter placement skill. The glitter placement was not nearly as aligned as Millie's!



For the base, I used Sinful Colors Rise & Shine, the same base that Millie used. I finally got the chance to wear Rise & Shine again, and fell in love with it all over again! For the thumb and ring fingers, I free-handed the diagonal color block using the brush from Misa A Sin Worth Committing. It's a really stunning dark blue shimmer that I'm just itching to swatch and wear! I used a small dotting tool to pick out glitter individually from Milani Silver. This mani made me realize how much I really NEED individual glitter pots... Doing glitter placement with glitter from a glitter polish is quite hard!

Check out Millie's craftsmanship below!


You can see her execution of my Ice Cream Drops mani here. I really enjoyed doing this mani swap with Millie. I hope I can work with her again in the future! :)

Thanks for looking! See you on the other side of the day!

Michelle

3 comments:

  1. Love the glitter placement you did here. I really need to play with my loose glitters more often.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very vibrant and summery! Well done :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did an INCREDIBLE job, darling! I'm so happy we got to do this! :-D Love you to pieces <3

    ReplyDelete