Tuesday, April 28, 2015

ABC Challenge: Q - Claire's Queen Bee + Revlon Celestial FX

Self-purchased


Claire's Queen Bee is a blue-toned lilac creme that's great for spring. I used 3 coats. The formula was creamy, but thin and slightly runny so I had to apply the polish carefully. It surprisingly dried to a satin finish and didn't level well so I used top coat to smooth it out and add some shine.




Revlon Celestial FX has silver star, moon, and diamond holo glitter, along with iridescent glitter, in a clear base. It's a whimsical polish that reminds me of fairytales! I used 1 coat over Claire's Queen Bee. The formula was not very good, but workable. Even though I set the bottle upside-down for a while, I still wasn't able to get the silver holo glitter out unless I swirled my brush and fished for them. Also, I could only get the iridescent glitter if I dabbed it. The polish had a lot of clear base that got a bit thick and gloopy so I recommend sponging this polish onto the nail instead of applying it normally. The large glitters weren't flexible so I couldn't bend them to match the curve of my nails. With top coat.

Thanks for looking! See you on the other side of the day!

Michelle

1 comment:

  1. Very pretty lilac color and the glitter on top is lovely.

    ReplyDelete