Tuesday, August 19, 2014

VOV Apple Nail 5776 + Avon Vintage Blue

Self-purchased



VOV Apple Nail 5776 (index and middle fingers) is a darling, pale blue crelly with rosy pink and sky blue glitter. It is not a dupe of Revlon Whimsical since it doesn't have any iridescent glitter or a green-tinged, sheer blue base. In my opinion, you should own both of these delightful polishes. ;) Plus, 5776 is housed in a cute apple bottle with a tree trunk-engraved handle! (The packaging is most likely inspired by the Apple Nail line to which 5776 belongs.) I used 3 coats. The formula was good, but a bit runny. It kept wanting to pool on the sides of my nails. Surprisingly, I had very little trouble getting out the glitter. I did have to dab a little bit, though, to get more glitter onto my nails. It dried smoothly, but patchy for some reason so I used top coat to level it out.

I bought 5776 from f2plus1 on Ebay. Shipping was very cheap ($2.50 for 4 items, including 5776) and took 2-3 weeks, which is typical for packages from South Korea and China.

Avon Vintage Blue (ring and pinky fingers) is an ultra pale sky blue creme. It's really not nearly as dark as it photographed here. I used 2 coats. The formula was amazing! It was buttery (but not too thick) and so easy to apply! I really thought it would be a pain to apply because of how much white was in its base. It dried shiny, but I still used top coat. Overall, I give Vintage Blue huge thumbs up and highly recommend it!

Thanks for looking! See you on the other side of the day!

Michelle

1 comment: