Thursday, August 14, 2014

Lynnderella Gotta Love Brains + Milani Shady Gray

Self-purchased





Lynnderella Gotta Love Brains (index and middle fingers) has purple and silver shimmer and silver, turquoise, rose gold, and lilac glitter in a sheer, pale grey jelly base. I used/dabbed 4 coats. The formula was thin and difficult. The glitter (especially the large hex glitter) was hard to get out even though I set the polish upside-down for a while before application. Dabbing helped, but not by much because the glitter was still very sparse on the brush and nail. I thought there would have been a lot of glitter from looking at the bottle. Additionally, I had to be careful during application because the normal polishing method would wipe off the glitter. If the polish had been thicker, then these problems would either be minimized or not exist at all. I was very disappointed by the curled large hex glitter on my middle finger - it's only a matter of time before the other large hexes curl as well. Overall, I would recommend skipping this particular Lynnderella unless you like the color as much as I do (and can get it at a relatively cheap price from a blog sale like I did). It dried somewhat bumpy so I used top coat to try to remedy it.

Milani Shady Gray (ring and pinky fingers) is a dark gray textured creme. I used 2 coats. The formula was good and quite pigmented, but a bit too thin and watery to me. However, I had no problems with application since the polish was easy to control. The textured finish materialized quickly after each application. It dried rougher than the other textured cremes I've tried. I didn't use top coat in order to preserve the textured finish.

Thanks for looking! See you on the other side of the day!

Michelle

P.S. Did you know that grey is closer to white (so it is lighter) while gray is closer to black (so it is darker)?

1 comment: