Monday, December 24, 2012

Rescue Beauty Lounge Bring It Back 4 and Vintage Bring it Back - Aqua Lily, Jane, and Insouciant

Bringing you guys the first scheduled post! I've been itching to post this one up! I love these Rescue Beauty Lounge polishes SO much! Aqua Lily and Insouciant are both from the Bring It Back (BIB) 4 while Jane is from the Vintage BIB. Both Insouciant and Jane are still available. Very unfortunately, Aqua Lily is not. It sold out in a record-breaking time. :( (You're VERY lucky to have gotten it if you did!) Onwards now, my friend!

Look at all the pretty, pretty shimmer!
Again, this post is picture heavy. Click for more!




Aqua Lily

Aqua Lily is a beautiful turquoise creme with pink-purple shimmer and opaque in 2 coats. It's so easy to see why Aqua Lily is such a cult favorite! (And it's mine, ALL MINE! Good luck trying to pry this little one out of my hands!) The formula was buttery smooth, a well-known trait of RBL polishes, and the dry time and shine were nice too! Aqua Lily was originally a part of the Spring 2012 Fan Collection.




Jane

Jane is a light taupe creme with fine, subtle gold shimmer. In the bottle, you can see flashes of pink and green. It took 3 coats to become opaque, but covered surprisingly well (albeit some streaking) on the first coat for being such a light shade. I was a bit disappointed with this one. If you guys remember, I got Jane this summer, but haven't been able to swatch it until now. The formula was a little thick, but still applied a little like butter. It didn't level as well as I would have liked though. Hopefully, it's just because of the passing of time... The shimmer was also quite hidden, though a bit more apparent in real life. Dry time was alright. Again, nice shine. Jane was originally a part of the Fall 2010 The Real Housewives of the Tudor Dynasty Collection.




Insouciant

Insouciant is a dusty, greyed purple with subtle, yet noticible blue shimmer. (Photos do not show how visible the shimmer actually is.) This one has eluded me for as long as I can remember... I am SO glad I was able to finally get it after ordering Aqua Lily! (I purchase my RBL separately and after a short time frame... So I won't feel guilty for spending so much on them! :P) This one took 2 coats to become opaque and had that same great, buttery formula as Aqua Lily. I would say "thick", but that always sounds scary. It's more like it has the right viscosity. Again, nice dry time and shine. RBL is pretty consistent in these two areas! Insouciant was originally a part of the Spring 2011 Iconic/Ironic Collection.



Happy holidays and I hope you guys liked this early gift! See you guys on the other side of the day!

Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment