Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Barielle Girls Nite Out and Elle's Spell

The second scheduled post! Bringing you guys my first Barielle polishes. I'm not one to wear cherry red polish very often. I largely prefer wearing vampy or pinkish reds. Merry Christmas to those of you who celebrate it! :) Regardless of whether or not you celebrate this particular holiday, I hope you have some time for your family and friends!


Girls Nite Out

Girls Nite Out is a burgundy-red crelly! It took just 2 coats to become opaque. It had a great, smooth formula - typical of crellies. It was easy to apply and very pigmented! True to its jelly qualities, it dried very shiny. Nice dry time. I thought Girls Nite Out was going to be similar to Revlon Vixen, but Vixen is redder and less dark and has very little brown to it. Let me know if you guys would like to see a comparison!


Elle's Spell

Ah, Elle's Spell... It was on my wish list ever since I saw ThePolishAholic's swatch of it. I was very excited to finally have it, but let's see how it lived up to my expectations! Elle's Spell is shown here on its own. It has flakies that flash red, orange, yellow, and green in a sheer raspberry jelly base. The pictures show the base as a brighter red. I used 4 coats here and my suspicions were confirmed. You can definitely see my nail line here, but not as easily in real life. Therefore, Elle's Spell is best used as a top coat. Reds, blues, and maybe even purples would be a great combination for it. It had a nice, easy-to-apply formula and dried smoothly and shiny. Also, the flakies were well-behaved. However, the dry time was slow and the flakies do not have an intense shift in colors. (See the pictures below). I'm much happier with Essie Shine of the Times, which has intense color-shifting flakies and a clear base so it can be layered over any polish. Elle's Spell gets a pass from me.





Elle's Spell over Girls Nite Out.
Merry Christmas and Happy holidays! See you guys on the other side of the day!

Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment