Thursday, September 18, 2014

The Hungry Asian Mini Spam

Self-purchased
 
Today, I have a mini spam of all The Hungry Asian minis I have! (Sorry not sorry for the bad pun. :P) I've had these unswatched and unworn for a couple years now, which makes me super sad since these were some of my very first indies! So let's get rolling...

Tamala is a black jelly, which is a super rare type of polish. Even with the indie polish boom, it's a shame that black jellies are still so difficult to find. :( I used 3 coats. The formula was very good. Since it was described as "sheer," I expected Tamala to be streaky on the first coat because that's sometimes how sheer jellies are. I was surprised to find it coated evenly on the first coat! It was easy to apply too. It dried shiny so I didn't use top coat.




Belle has dark mocha and rosy pink glitter in a white crelly base. The glitter color combination is unusual, but I find it very pretty and delicate. I used 4 thin coats. The formula was okay. It was tricky to apply because normal application didn't work since the glitter would wipe off. I had to resort to dabbing, which had the added benefit of getting more glitter onto my nails. The dark mocha glitter was still hard to get out at first. Setting the bottle upside-down before each coat really helped get more of them out. It dried shiny, but a bit bumpy and uneven so I used top coat to smooth it out.




Twenty Ten has red, holographic blue hex, and fine blue glitter in a black jelly base. It's another very pretty color with a certain depth to it. The polish makes me think of galaxies whenever I see it. 
I used 3 coats. The formula was great. The glitters were easy to get out so I was able to polish normally. No dabbing was necessary. It dried shiny and very slightly bumpy so I used top coat to smooth it out.




Strawberry has black specks in a delicious, juicy red crelly base. It's my favorite of the four and definitely back-up/full-sized worthy in my opinion. *swoon* My heart is singing! 8D Strawberry really does evoke its namesake and is still another unusual polish to find. I have to give props to The Hungry Asian for producing such unusual, but charming polishes. I used 3 coats, but if you have short nails or are fine with the nail line showing, then 2 coats would be sufficient. The formula was wonderful and pigmented. It went on very smoothly and practically applied itself. I wanted a lot of the black specks on my nails so I set the bottle upside-down before each application. It dried smoothly and super shiny.

I purchased these four polishes from The Hungry Asian.

Thanks for looking! See you on the other side of the day!

Michelle

1 comment:

  1. Great colors these are. Love the cute bottle shapes to these.

    ReplyDelete