Saturday, May 23, 2015

Les Nail Smiths: May 2015 - Water Decals

Welcome to May's LNS! Wow, it seems like ages ago since Mille and I last did one! We had to push back May's LNS because I had finals and my undergraduate graduation ceremony while Millie had a lot of plans in the beginning and middle of May. This month's prompt is all about water decals. I really didn't know what to do on my nails, but I knew I wanted to use these Chi (from Chi's Sweet Home, a manga and anime) and rose decals. (Unfortunately, the Chi decals are no longer available. :( ) I decided to just wing it! I ended up with somewhat-negative space nails with accent nails featuring a creme polish.



I first applied the water decals after soaking each in water for roughly 30 seconds. Then, I painted Maybelline Gilded in Gold to fill up the negative space on my nails and Julep Mystery Shade (from one of Julep's mystery boxes two or so years ago) on my accent nails. I finished everything off with top coat.



The decals were a bit of a disappointment. I didn't realize the rose decals had white patterns on the gold glitter circles since the decal backing was white. I thought the blotches were just air bubbles. I ended up having to cover up the white patterns whenever I could. The rose decal on my right thumb was supposed to be for my right ring finger, but it was too big. Similarly, while the Chi decals were really cute, they were also quite large for my nails. I wish both the rose and Chi decals were a friendlier size so they could fit any nail size.

Anyway, I had fun doing these nails! It was very therapeutic. (I've been suffering from stress and anxiety since spring semester. Oy.)

Thanks for looking! Make sure to check out Millie's mani for this month's LNS!

Michelle

2 comments:

  1. They look cute! Too bad the decals didn't work out too well for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omg so cute! :-D I love that we both used Chi water decals lol

    ReplyDelete