Friday, October 31, 2014

Nailed It Tag

Today, I have something different for you guys! Little Beauty Bag, one of the great blogs I follow, posted this tag a bit ago. I really liked the tag so I decided to do it myself as well.

1. Which color family of nail polish do you own the most of?


Without a doubt, it's blue! I'm a sucker for them! ;)

2. Name your most favorite memory you associate with a specific polish.


Chanel Taboo. Ever since I saw swatches of it, I scavenged the web for dupes. The best dupe I found was from Kiko, but it's a European brand not sold where I live. :( But while hanging out with my high school friends this past summer, I found it in a department store. They knew how much I loved Taboo and bought it for me. <3

3. What's your best-kept secret for chip-free polish?


I don't have one actually. Polish, from any brand, usually wear really well on me. Above are the base and top coats I usually use.

4. Which brand do you own the most colors of and why is that formula your favorite?  


Unsurprisingly, it's OPI! I love the consistency of the polishes - they're usually wonderful, opaque, and easy to apply. However, there are a few polishes that are runny or require at least 3 coats to become opaque. (And let's not mention the wide brush.)

5. Name the polish you like the least in your collection and why you still hold onto it.


Hmm... I would say Sally Hansen Yellow Kitty because it takes at least 4 coats to become opaque. It's a really sheer yellow! I keep it because I like the color and was the first polish (I think) in my collection.

6. Name your holy grail of nail polish remover! 


I haven't tried that many nail polish removers, but, out of all the ones I've tried, I like Zoya Remove Plus the best. However, I don't like the slightly sticky residue that's left behind after using it.

7. If you use glitter or nail effects, which is your favorite brand, and why?


This is a super tough question! I really love my indies, and most of them are glitterbomb toppers or in a jelly base. I would say Candy Lacquer for glitter polishes and Zoya Pixies for nail effects. (Ahhh, this question makes me remember about Glitter Lamb polishes. I really want to try out her glitters!)

8. Do you match your toes to your nails when you re-polish?


Nope, never! Actually, I don't even paint my toenails a lot of the time. But if I do, then I usually wear nude polishes.

9. Name the specific polishes you've repurchased more than twice to show us your holy grail colors!


I haven't repurchased any of my polishes twice. I've only repurchased one once (Essie Turquoise & Caicos) because thinner couldn't save my old one and my mom loves to wear the polish. Also, I own two dupes of Chanel Ciel de Nuit/Essie Starry Starry Night. They are Maya Cosmetics Stargazing and Colors by Llarowe Twinkle Twinkle Little Star. I think both are worth having! Heh. (Would having two of the same color, but from different brands count as repurchasing? :P )

10. Do you paint accents nails or only use one color?


Usually, I only use one color because I'm mostly a swatcher. (As you readers may know...) Recently, however, I've been doing two accent nails to speed up swatching my collection... And so I can wear more polishes at a time. :D Above is my favorite combo, which I swatched here.

11. Can you name the oldest nail polish in your collection?


I'm pretty sure they're either China Glaze White Ice, Purple Rain, and Visible Shivers (my dad bought me these three at the same time <3) or Sally Hansen Yellow Kitty.

I tag my nail buddy, Millie of The Nail Smith, and anyone else who would like to do this tag! :)

Thanks for looking! Happy Halloween!

Michelle

2 comments:

  1. Fun tag! It was great reading your answers to them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a really cool tag! Can't wait to do mine later this week, thanks for tagging me! <3

    ReplyDelete