Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Essie Marshmallow + A Cut Above

Self-purchased
Today, I have a simple glitter gradient, along with the reviews of the polishes I used, to show you! It was inspired by the many pictures of pretty cherry blossoms I saw on the blogs I follow and my instagram feed several weeks ago.




A Cut Above is a rosy-pink glitter in a clear base, but the glitter bled into the base and tinted it pink. It's best used as a glitter topper. I used a makeup sponge for the glitter gradient so there would be a higher concentration of glitter and lower amount of "clear" base. I sealed the glitter gradient with 1 coat of top coat.


Marshmallow is a white jelly. I'm surprised to find myself using it quite often! The jelliness makes it delicate so it's a great choice if you want to wear white nails. I used 3 coats, but it was still patchy. You'd need around 4 coats for an opaque finish. The formula was thin, but otherwise good. It dried shiny. No top coat.

Thanks for looking! See you on the other side of the day!

Michelle

1 comment: