Friday, August 2, 2013

Cover Band Crazy as a Capper

Self-purchased

This month is my birthday month! Woohoo! (Sadly, it is also the month that I will have to go back to college...) I thought it would be exhilarating to wear my indie and high-end polishes this month to celebrate. :D Anyway, let's get started!




HD to show Crazy as a Capper in all its glory!
Cover Band Crazy as a Capper has silver, purple, green, red, and blue glitter in a clear base. You can wear it by itself or as a glitter topper. Here, I used 3 coats on the index and middle fingers while I used 1 coat over Revlon Vixen on my ring and pinky fingers. If you want to use it as a topper, then you will need to lightly apply it. There is just way too much glitter! (Not that it's a bad thing... ;) ) I bought this several months ago so I was surprised to find it already dried a little. The formula was also somewhat thick. Since it had a wide and fluffy brush, I had to be careful when applying it on my small nails. It dried quickly and gritty so I used 1 coat of top coat. I will need to add a little thinner the next time I use this beauty.

Crazy as a Capper is a nod to OPI Mad as a Hatter, which was limited edition and now hard to find. If you do find it, it will cost you quite a bit. Judging from swatches, Mad as a Hatter has more purple glitter to it while Crazy as a Capper has more silver. For all intents and purposes, I will call Crazy as a Capper a dupe because it's probably as close as you can get.

I purchased Crazy as a Capper from Ninja Polish and you can find it here. Be sure to follow Ninja Polish on facebook in order to get information on restocks!

What do you guys think? I'd love to know! :)

See you guys on the other side of the day!

Michelle

1 comment: