Monday, November 26, 2012

Funky Fingers Sand and Stilettos



 






Funky Fingers Sand and Stilettos

Sand and Stilettos consists of small, holographic silver glitter. Let me tell you, it is AMAZING in any kind of light. Below is a video so you can witness how awesome it is. My friend describes it as "like crushed diamonds". Anyway... Sand and Stilettos is dense; it's definitely not for layering. It's made to be worn on its own (and who wouldn't wear this little gem like such?). I don't know how the original formula was because I bought it from a blog sale, but it seemed like it was drying out. As a result, the polish was a little thick, but surprisingly still easy to apply. The next time I wear it, I'll put in some thinner. It dried quickly and gritty. I ended up using 3 coats of topcoat, which made it a bit lumpy to the  touch. I didn't have much clean up because I used a glue basecoat, which I will be posting about soon. Sand and Stilettos reminds me of China Glaze Glistening Snow (based on swatches online), but much chunkier and possibly more holographic.

I did some googling and, sadly, I believe the only place you can purchase Funky Fingers is at a chain discount store called "Five Below". No idea where any of the chain stores are located, but they are definitely not in the area that I live! But don't give up hope because you might be able to find it on ebay or stumble across it on a blog sale like I did! :D


I hope my glittery offering made your Monday a little better! See you guys on the other side of the day!

Michelle

2 comments:

  1. I have this in my untrieds pile! It's been sitting there for months.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Take it out now! You won't be disappointed! (My friend has never wanted a polish so badly.)

      Delete