Saturday, August 22, 2015

Les Nail Smiths: August 2015 - Mermaid

Can you believe it's LNS' First Anniversary?! I can hardly believe Millie and I have been doing LNS together for that long, not to mention it's been one year of my life that passed by in a blink of an eye! (Ok, so maybe some days were much, much slower than others, but...) I chose "mermaid" for this month's prompt. When I think of mermaids, I think of blues, greens, and sparkles so that's exactly what I did!

And just to clear things up to avoid misunderstandings, I will do LNS whenever I can and want to. As I've said before, my school, future, and life are my priority now. (Trying to "adult" is a very lengthy and difficult process!)






I've always wanted to do a syrup gradient mani so I decided to use OPI I Can Teal You Like Me, a sheer blue tint, for the base. I first applied one coat of the OPI and then some light blue iridescent glitter with a fan nail art brush, both of which are from Born Pretty Store. Then, I followed up with multiple coats of the OPI on the middle and tip parts of my nail to create a gradient. Finally, I topped the tips off with China Glaze Fairy Dust for a dusting of its magical properties. I finished the mani off with a top coat. The whole look makes me think of mermaids swimming through a hidden, pristine lagoon with its seaweed caressing them as they pass through.

Make sure to check out Millie's awesome LNS mani too!

Thanks for looking! See you on the other side of the day!

Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment