Thursday, November 27, 2014

Essie Luxedo + Starrily Ultima

Self-purchased









Essie Luxedo (index and middle fingers) is a vampy, red-toned purple crelly. In certain lighting, it can look black because it's such a dark shade. I absolutely love vampy colors so this is very much my style! I used 2 coats. The formula was terrific! It was so easy to apply and control the polish, which is great for vampy polishes because they can stain. It's very pigmented so I recommend using two coats of base coat to prevent possible staining. It dried extremely shiny, but I still used top coat. Luxedo is a stunner, and I definitely recommend it if you're an aficionado of vampy shades!

Starrily Ultima (ring and pinky fingers) is a stunning combination of silver shimmer and linear and scattered holographic silver glitter. It can be used as a layering or full-coverage glitter. For this swatch, I decided to use it as a full-coverage glitter. It's the silver version of the equally-beautiful Starrily King Midas. (I love both just as much as the other.) You definitely need both polishes in your collection! I used 3 somewhat thin coats. The formula was great since the polish was easy to apply and control. It dried slightly gritty so I used top coat to smooth it out.

I purchased Starrily Ultima from Starrily's shop.

Thanks for looking! Happy Thanksgiving!

1 comment:

  1. Great pairing together. Love that sparkly holographic looking polish.

    ReplyDelete