Tuesday, June 11, 2013

The Meme Week Nail Art Challenge: Day 3 - U Jelly?


Today is Day 3 of the Meme Week challenge! Today we were given the choice: to do the jelly sandwich or a mani everyone will envy. I decided to do a jelly sandwich because I love them so much and was itching to do a combination I long had in mind.

Instead of using a jelly polish as the "slices of bread", I used a sheer polish for a more delicate look. I used 2 coats of Revlon Whimsical, a lovely and delicate polish, for my base. I then used NYX Girl Dreamy Glitter. It was a bit difficult to use because I had to fish out the star glitters. I topped that with another 2 coats of Whimsical. I finished with 1 coat of Poshe fast-dry topcoat. The finished jelly sandwich made me feel like a princess prancing through a meadow of blooming wild flowers! :3





Though not white-balanced, I really like these pictures! They give off a very dainty, vintage feel.

What do you guys think? Let me know!

See you guys on the other side of the day!

Michelle

Be sure to check out the other fabulous ladies who are participating in this challenge!

4 comments:

  1. Wow this was a awesome jelly sandwich! Really unexpected colors to pair up with too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :D It actually turned out better than I thought it would!

      Delete
  2. It's prefect with the necklace. So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! These look sooo pretty :)

    ReplyDelete