Monday, May 20, 2013

Just a Little Longer + OPI Stay the Night

Hello everyone! I was about to blog regularly again soon, but I broke my nail yesterday. I was trying out a different nail shape (oval-ish) and it seems that squared nails are better for me. (I also tested this shape out and had no broken nails.) I am so sad I have nubs now, but they feel so liberating! For the next several posts, I will have swatches from the vault. Hopefully, I have enough posts until my nails grow out and are shaped.

Textured polishes are really popular right now. Glitter-infused and creme textured polishes are ubiquitous (think Zoya Pixie Dust, JulieG Gumdrops, OPI, and Milani), but there is also the lesser-known leather effect (Nails Inc. - which I hope to show you guys soon!). Today, I have one of my first textured polishes to show you guys!






OPI Stay the Night

Stay the Night has sparkly magenta glitter in a black textured base. I love it! It looks like glowing lava when you move your fingers. I used 3 thin coats. Using thin coats will help it dry faster and become more textured. Thick coats will dry less textured and a little glossy.  I didn't know what to expect, but the formula was really good. Dry time was fine as well. However, the wear time wasn't at all. I found some chips on my right middle finger after taking a shower the next day. I didn't use a base coat because it dried to a lesser textured finish when I tested it. Pictures below show Stay the Night with top coat.




I'm glad to be (almost) back! See you guys on the other side of the day!

Michelle

P.S. Hellooooo to all my new followers! :D

2 comments:

  1. Hello you have a new follow via the hobby polish bloggers facebook page :)

    Love the glitter in this, so pretty!

    ReplyDelete